Should I Consider Email In My Marketing Plan?
It’s been over four decades since email was first created. Through the years, it’s evolved into being the King within a marketer’s deck of cards. Before we get into the nitty gritty of why email is so essential to your marketing plan, it’s best to explain how it has impacted us from past to present.
Presently, it’s evolved in being the top dog in ANY marketing plan. Here are a few reasons why:
- You can create a database of those you want to connect with by collecting their email address and contact information. This, in turn, can be new clients, new relationships, and new business.
- You can target the audience that you specifically want to reach. This is DIRECT EXPOSURE of your company and your brand, right in the inbox of your next customer. They open this email and see YOU, think of YOU, and possibly want to work with YOU.
- You can send custom-designed e-blasts or newsletters that are appealing and tie directly into your brand. These blasts can vary anywhere from announcements, tips & tricks, marketing a new product, information about your business, or Holiday greetings to event information. This can be anything that you think your target audience would want to read about, find value from, and ultimately, learn about you.
- Without an email marketing platform (we use emma), if you’re sending 100 emails all at once (or even 10 emails with 10 recipients each) your account will more than likely be blocked. This can look like a spamming effort to your provider. When you have an email marketing platform, you can send over 25,000 messages directly to your audiences’ inboxes.
- Using an email marketing platform, you also have the ability to view who is opening your email, how many people (and who) clicked through your blast, if they are opening your message on a mobile device or desktop computer, and even what email platform is being used to view your message (i.e., Yahoo, Outlook, Mac Mail, Gmail, etc.). This helps you to determine what to deliver by being able to view the behavior of what your audience is interacting with.
As you can see, Email Marketing provides an unlimited amount of resources, flexibility, and an overall front seat to your customers. So what’s holding you back? You’ve got the cards in your hands, now it’s just time to add the King.