Findsome & Winmore is in search of a passionate web developer to take on projects involving writing front-end markup, CMS implementation and customization. We build a lot of our projects in WordPress but you should still be familiar with many other solutions and be able to choose the right one based on our clients’ needs. Most of our projects are built in the LAMP/LEMP stack so you should also be comfortable with provisioning the environments for your projects. There may also be opportunities for you to design the projects you’ll be building, so an understanding of interaction design and user experience are a definite plus. As a developer, our organization relies on your technical expertise to help provide the best solutions for our clients and our organization. We pride ourselves on being flexible not only to meet the goals of our clients, but also on our ability to think outside of the box for our clients. You should be willing to challenge ideas and help drive innovation at our agency.
The qualifications that will heavily influence our selection in this role are your:
- Ability to mark up simple and complex designs
- Experience with building on CMSs or frameworks like WordPress, Laravel, or Magento.
- Compatibility within our family atmosphere and the development team
- Drive to push and apply your knowledge of technology & design to what you do
- Ability to work closely with project managers and help them deliver quality work based on their clients’ needs and your technical expertise of the web.
- Portfolio of work on the web
You can expect to be doing things like:
- Building websites of many different scales with varying levels of complexity.
- Building emails and newsletters for a variety of different email service providers (and for a large variety of email clients).
- Working with existing websites to extend existing structures or building additional features.
- Working with a designer to turn their designs into living, functional websites.
- Deploying projects to a variety of environments.
- Performing quality assurance testing on your peers’ work on multiple devices and operating systems.
- Constantly evaluating the development team’s processes to make improvements and find efficiencies
Although we are fine with learning as you go, there are some things you should be comfortable with in order to hit the ground running at our agency. You should be able to say yes to most of these questions.
- Can you turn a static design mockup into HTML/CSS fairly quickly?
- Are you familiar with WordPress in doing things like creating custom themes, setting up hooks, and using ACF?
- Can you set up task runners or module bundlers such as gulp or webpack?
- Do you appreciate quality design and well thought out user experiences?
- Do you enjoy learning, teaching, and showing others cool stuff?
- Are you comfortable with using a git and using a workflow such as gitflow or github’s workflow?
- Are you passionate about what you do?
- Are you comfortable with the command line?
- Can you work well with others?
- Do you have a portfolio of your past works and the role you played in each?
The following are not required but are highly desired:
- Ability to mockup your own designs or build out prototypes in programs like sketch or framer to visualize your ideas.
- Experience working in Confluence/JIRA and/or agile methodologies
- Understanding of user experience and the ability to identify weak points in a digital experience.
- Understanding of security both on the web and in programming
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or Google Tag Manager (setting up goals, campaigns, and event tracking)
Ready to apply? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your work, expertise, and a link to your portfolio to get started. If we think you might be fit for this role, we’ll be in touch with you.