Findsome & Winmore is in search of a passionate web developer to take on projects involving writing front-end markup, CMS implementation and customization. A significant portion of our projects are built using WordPress, but you should still be familiar with many other solutions and be able to choose the optimal stack based on our clients’ needs. There may also be opportunities for you to design the projects you’ll be building, so an understanding of interaction design and user experience are a definite plus.
As a developer, our agency would rely on your technical expertise to help provide the best solutions for our clients and our organization. We pride ourselves on being flexible not only to meet the goals of our clients, but also on our ability to think outside of the box. You should be willing to challenge ideas and help drive innovation at Findsome & Winmore.
- Ability to markup simple and complex designs
- Experience with builds on CMSs or frameworks like WordPress, Laravel and Drupal (headless CMS experience is a plus)
- Comfortable with front-end UI frameworks such as React and Vue
- Working knowledge of CSS frameworks such as TailwindCSS and Bootstrap, and an understanding of CSS pre/post-processors.
- Compatibility with our family atmosphere and development team
- Ability to work closely with project managers and help them deliver quality work based on their clients’ needs and your technical expertise of the web
You can expect to be doing things like
- Building websites and progressive web apps of many different scales with varying levels of complexity
- Working with existing websites to extend their scope or building additional features.
- Working with a designer to turn their designs into living, functional websites/apps.
- Building emails and newsletters for a variety of different email service providers (ex: MailChimp, Constant Contact, Emma, classic HTML) for a large range of email clients
- Deploying projects to a variety of environments
- Performing quality assurance testing on your peers’ work on multiple devices and operating systems (experience with Browserstack a plus)
- A portfolio of your past work that showcases the role you played in each project
- Extensive experience with WordPress in doing things like creating custom themes (PHP), setting up hooks, and using ACF
- Ability to turn a static design mockup into working HTML/CSS/JS fairly quickly
- Experience with state management strategies and lightweight frameworks such as Alpine.js
- Working experience with Linux server management and hosting platforms like DigitalOcean
- Experience querying and maintaining databases with MySQL/MongoDB
- Comfortable with using a git and using a workflow such as gitflow or Github’s workflow
- Ability to conform to a variety of programming patterns from project to project
- Comfortable with the command line
- Operating knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Understanding of user experience and the ability to identify weak points in a digital experience
- Understanding of basic web and programming security practices
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (setting up goals, campaigns, and event tracking)
- Familiarity with setup and integration of third-party web APIs
- Experience working with Workamajig/Confluence/JIRA and/or agile methodologies